Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Walking By Faith...

There are times when God just does things, and I have no idea how it's going to work out.

Like right now.

God has spoken to us LOUD and CLEAR that He means to get us home ASAP. We don't know why, but we're going with it.

We need you to lift us up in prayer. Here is our intended schedule for the next three days (and also the reason why I most likely won't be blogging):
Thursday: Morning~go to orphanage, sign documents, close bank account, pick up Lily. Afternoon~Drive to Kyiv (typically takes four hours). We MUST make it to Kyiv by 4pm for our U.S. Embassy appointment!
Friday: Morning~Visa medical appointment. Afternoon~Pick up Visa
Saturday: Fly out of Kyiv at 6:45am! Please, PLEASE pray that we get bulkhead seating for the trans-atlantic flight. This is CRUCIAL!!! And with such late notice, maybe impossible.

Please pray for everything to go smoothly. Pray that Lily is a good traveler. Pray that we can figure out what she eats and get her to eat (all while traveling, of course). I am nervous, so nervous. I thought we would have about 5 days with her to figure her out before we had to travel so much. But God has a bigger plan, clearly! Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to be going home this fast.

I'll update as much as I can. Here we go!

10 comments:

one_plustwins said...

Buckle up baby!! This is so awesome, Jess!

littlelola said...

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers! Here is to a fast fast fast gotcha day tomorrow. You know what you have to do and the order in which it needs to happen... You can make sure you are on top of the things you need before leaving Kyiv. :) Im sure the bulkhead will be waiting for you...

Carol Miller said...

We will definitely be praying for you and your trip home! Congratulations mama :)

Alexis said...

Oh my goodness, I'll definitely be praying! I can't believe that I might get to meet Lily THIS WEEKEND! :)

Julia said...

So exciting!!! Take a deep breath and then RUN!!

Courtney Connelly said...

Praying for calm travels for all THREE of you on the way home!

Lisa said...

THRILLED for you, tears in my eyes, believing God's goodness and grace will carry you all the way home this weekend!

Dianne said...

Do you have any outlet covers at home? And/or tools to keep your lower cabinets closed?

I am thinking a little baby proofing might be in order.

And, do you have a grocery list that you would like to share (other than milk & eggs)?

Leslie said...

Praying for you!

john and catherine andrews said...

You and Rob are just amazing! You look like such a natural mother with Lily in the ergo carrier. We'll be praying for non-stressful travels for you 3!