Friday, June 17, 2011

Not The "Metcha" Day I Wanted

First: yes, we met her.

Second: no, we were not allowed to take pictures. I'll tell that story tomorrow. I am grieving about it.

Third: she's been exposed to chicken pox and therefore we cannot see her again until Monday. We weren't technically even allowed to see her today, but they made an exception.

Fourth: yes, she's everything we dreamed she would be...and then some :).

She has blue eyes. She weighs 17 lbs at 27 months of age. We are told she can crawl but we did not get a chance to see if that was true. We don't know if she can sit up, either. Developmentally she is about eight months old.

Prayer Requests (I can't go into details right now):
1. Chicken pox quarantine
2. Accommodations (housing & driver)
3. Peace for both of us

Please, we really need your prayers right now. God knows what we need specifically, even though we can't say it. This has been a very emotional day for me (running out of tissues over here!).

Thanks, friends.

12 comments:

Jill said...

Praying here in EE for you! I'm so sorry. :-(

The Mac's House said...

Praying for you guys. It's been a long emotional road on this journey for sure. You will be covered in prayers!

:)
Teri

Nancy said...

Praying for you.

Sheri said...

Oh my-chicken pox? UGH. Will pray for you, her and the other babies (esp. so-since a little honey we want is there)...and so sorry they wouldn't let you take pics-not sure why but will pray they allow em next time.
Lifting you up to Him.

Sandra said...

We are praying for you and Lily

Wife; Mom to the Six said...

Darn it, Jess, I'm sorry! :( I was coming here to get all happy reading about you meeting your sweet little girl. We are about to go to bed; we will be praying for y'all directly. Call us if you just want to talk about it! {{hugs}}

Courtney Connelly said...

Oh Jessica! Please know that I am praying for you and so grateful the Lord knows all the details. Much love from Oklahoma!

hlebarre said...

Praying Praying Praying!!! Hang in there Jess!!

Cara said...

You and your sweet Lily are in my prayers.

Mel said...

Praying Jess!! Hugs!!!

Carla Dobs said...

Wow...hard to hear...

We will pray for you tonight...

Carla
www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com

Felicity said...

Will be praying for you, Jess. I hope next week will go much better!