Thursday, January 20, 2011

In Loving Memory

There's a lot of talk amongst adoptive families about the spiritual attack that often comes with committing to an adoption. I've mentioned a few things that I've been struggling with personally here on this blog. But up until now, it's mostly been between me, Rob, and Satan.

That changed this week.

When Satan decides he isn't getting his way, he goes in for the kill....literally.

All this to say, Rob's grandfather had a heart attack on Monday night and passed away. We had the funeral and burial this morning, with full military honors. It has been a hard week, to say the least.

In Loving Memory of Wallace Asa Tanner:
Proudly served in the U.S. Navy
With his wife of 65 years, Lillian Tanner
And this one is my personal favorite:
Yes, that is Rob with his Granddaddy :)
Wally was so excited to meet Riley, and I so wish he could have. But we know he is in Heaven now and will hopefully meet Riley there someday. Wally lived a full life of 87 years and we celebrated his life today. He will be missed.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Blessings
Leslie

Ben and Melanie said...

Awwww....These pictures brought tears...and reminded me of my daddy who has also gone to be with the Lord! Bless you all on your journey and may God comfort you in your sadness!