Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Quick Update-Prayers Needed

Today was eventful, in both good ways and bad.

Good: Lily was extubated (got her breathing tube taken out) today.

Bad: Since she is no longer sedated, she has been super squirmy. This evening she pulled out her arterial line and one of her IVs, leaving her with only one remaining IV. That is simply not enough for all the medication she is getting, so around midnight they did a procedure to place a new central line in her thigh. Poor thing. They tried so hard to get IVs in ANYWHERE else...but it just wasn't happening. She cried pitifully the whole time they tried (about an hour). She also has congestion in her lungs and they ended up giving her a few breathing treatments plus "chest PT", a fancy name for thumping her on the back :). They've been suctioning her nose so much that she's having constant nosebleeds now.

Rob's mom is spending the night with her while I get a few hours of sleep back at the Ronald McDonald House. We didn't expect to have to switch to "shift duty" today, so please pray for us and for Lily.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Goodness... she took a turn after I left.

I WILL BE GLAD TO COME IN AND SIT WITH HER TO GIVE YOU GUYS A BREAK!! I would love me some Lily Time. Please let me do this for you! Even for a few hours so you and your Mom could go out and get something to eat NOT at the UVA cafeteria!

one_plustwins said...

Praying God's healing touch for Miss Lily and peace for your family, Jessica.

Cathy said...

I just learned of your beautiful Lily through my good friend, Christie Taylor. Just wanted you to know that we will be lifting her up in prayer.
Blessings!!!!

Jolene said...

Oh sweet little Lilly! She is in my prayers and on my heart! I wish I lived closer so I could come help too but for now I can pray for her and the family.

Leslie said...

Sweet baby! I'm praying here too!