Thursday, August 25, 2011

Post-Op Day Two

Today was a pretty uneventful day. We didn't spend much time at the hospital because Lily was sedated all day (and will be all night...and probably all day tomorrow...etc). In a weird way it feels like we're back in Ukraine: Lily is in the hospital, we are visiting twice a day, we're not able to do much during visits, she's not aware of our visits...lol. I'm sure it will be a different story when they take out the breathing tube and wake her up, though.

The major event of the day was that she developed a fever. This could be due to an infection or simply her body reacting to the surgery. They took blood and urine cultures to test for infections and are giving her broad-spectrum antibiotics, just in case, plus tylenol to bring her fever down.

Her new blanket is courtesy of the Linus Project:
Pulse oximeter on one foot...
IVs everywhere...hands, feet and neck....
Chest tubes 
Sweet angel face :)

I am still planning to write a post about the sleeping/attachment thing. I've been reading "Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child" and that's where I'm getting most of my information. It's a great book, I HIGHLY recommend it! Maybe if tomorrow is as uneventful as today I can get that written :)

5 comments:

Kellan's momma said...

Sweetheart!

summer said...

Praying for your Beautiful Princess!!!!

Amber said...

Maybe it's just me, but I think her color already looks better! So thankful for a successful surgery.

AddingOn said...

I know it's got to be hard to see her like that. Thank God for the opportunity for her to have the surgery though!

junglemama said...

Her toes are so cute!