Saturday, August 13, 2011

And The Next Surgery Is....

.....scheduled for Wednesday, August 24! So my Secret Plan didn't quite go according to plan, but I am still very happy about how things went at UVA. Just hearing the surgeon tell us his initial doubts about Lily's case, what he expected to find (not a candidate for repair surgery), and how surprised he was that she IS a candidate for repair surgery, is a true miracle.

So we will be headed back up to Charlottesville on Tuesday, August 23 for a pre-op appointment with Lily's surgeon (different from the one who did the cath). We did find out that it will be open heart surgery. She has three holes to repair: her VSD, ASD, and PDA. It was a little weird to say, "See you in a few weeks!" to the nurses in the PICU!

As far as recovery goes, they told us to expect Lily to be in the hospital for 2-3 weeks. We are trying to get reservations to stay at the Ronald McDonald house, and Rob may have to go home during some of that time to work. He is blessed to have FMLA leave, and a very understanding workplace, but it is still unpaid leave.

Now I will leave you with a few pictures to make you smile. Lily has been smiling a LOT since we got back from the hospital. I imagine her thinking to herself, "I've hit the jackpot with these people; we always go back home and there's always enough food!"

Ready...
Set....
GLEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Jolene said...

Oh my gravy that girl is getting so big! I am glad she is having surgery so soon and will be praying for all the details!

Kate said...

I adore that smile!!!!

CareBear said...

LOVE seeing her smile and all those pretty little teeth!

deirdre said...

amazing smiles!!

M. E. said...

Lily is in our prayers! My little one Ainslie says "Cute BABY! I agree : )

myheartshapedlens said...

SO SO CUTE!!! She looks so happy and is getting chubby :)

hokiegal23 said...

Love the pics!!! Absolutely amazing to see total joy in her face! :)

Wendy said...

If you want a visit at the hospital, my girls and I or my mom could come and visit you at UVA, we are only about 30 minutes away.
Good luck Lily on the upcoming surgery. Wendy>