Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Not Perfect

One reason for my lack of posts lately is that I often want them to be "perfect". So if I don't have enough time to make them perfect, I just don't write. All that to say, tonight's post will not be perfect, but I'm trying not to let that stop me anymore!

~~~I got several comments and emails about Lily putting herself to sleep being a good thing. I have a whole post (in my head) to reply to that...someday...lol! For now, I'll just say that it's an orphanage behavior and shows that she is not very attached to us yet. She feels alone in the world and doesn't get anxious or worried when we leave her sight. So, for a while, we WANT to have her clingy at bedtime because it will indicate she is forming a stronger attachment. Of course, then we will start working on her putting herself back to sleep on her own again :)

~~~Lily's surgery is tomorrow morning. They will be repairing her VSD, ASD and PDA. It's open heart surgery and she will be put on a heart-lung bypass machine for a while. For the actual procedure they stop her heart completely. Everything should go well, but of course there's always the potential for complications. I feel pretty peaceful about it, which is good. I'll keep ya'll updated on here. For anyone in Charlottesville who wants to visit, send me an email... :)

~~~My friend Christie is adopting Andriy from the same orphanage Lily was in, and they are leaving SOON. Probably in a few weeks. They are still $3000 short of being fully-funded. If you could help them out with any amount, large or small, I know it will be greatly appreciated. Go here to donate (tax-deductible)!

4 comments:

Kellan's momma said...

Lily is in my prayers tonight and will be all day tomorrow. I'll be waiting to hear she made it though with flying colors!! Hugs!

one_plustwins said...

Thank you for mentioning us today, Jessica! Praying for Lily

Dianne said...

I like reading your blog. I don't care whether it is written perfectly. I just want to know how you all are doing. I think of you often.

Erik and Ashley said...

First and DEFINITELY most important: glad to see the surgery went well!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord! Praying for her speedy recovery. Can't wait to meet this little one of yours!!! Maybe New Year's???????? It might end up being at Shane's again this year.

I also don't care about your posts being perfect. Just interested to see how things are going - and see pictures! :)

About the sleeping alone thing, since you commented on it. I did figure the reason you were worried about it or were working to change it was because of the orphanage thing, i.e. that it was worrisome that she was "ok" sleeping alone because she *was* alone. Kind of like, babies in orphanages cry less, but that is not a good thing, as it were! Still, I am curious to hear what you have read about this. Is it typical for parents to work on their adopted child to need them to be there fall asleep, and then work on reversing it afterward? That sounds kind of crazy, frankly. :) But I am very interested in hearing more about what you have read and/or learned from other adoptive parents on this topic.

Anyway, enough verbosity on my part. Thanks for continuing to post updates, and looking forward to reading post-surgery info!!